Saturday, August 07, 2004
THE OTHER ME
From By The River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept by Paulo Coelho:
I began to imagine how I would like to be living at that moment. I wanted to be happy, curious, joyful--living every moment intensely, drinking the water of life thirstily. Believing again in my dreams. Able to fight for what I wanted.
Loving a man who loved me.
Yes, that was the woman I wanted to be--the woman who was suddenly presenting herself and becoming me.
The world now suddenly seems so flat when
My world is bright happy yellow stretched out across timezones.
The sky now feels like a stranger when
My sky is my palette of swirls and spirals and strokes.
How do I rediscover my dreams?
How do I regain the strength to fight my Good Fight?
How do I become the woman I want to be?
How do I live the life I want to live?
How do I become another me?
I began to imagine how I would like to be living at that moment. I wanted to be happy, curious, joyful--living every moment intensely, drinking the water of life thirstily. Believing again in my dreams. Able to fight for what I wanted.
Loving a man who loved me.
Yes, that was the woman I wanted to be--the woman who was suddenly presenting herself and becoming me.
The world now suddenly seems so flat when
My world is bright happy yellow stretched out across timezones.
The sky now feels like a stranger when
My sky is my palette of swirls and spirals and strokes.
How do I rediscover my dreams?
How do I regain the strength to fight my Good Fight?
How do I become the woman I want to be?
How do I live the life I want to live?
How do I become another me?
